Last night, NBC aired a special put together by Jenna Bush Hager called, “A Love Letter to Gampy.”
George H.W. Bush found it important to write letters throughout his life. Jenna shared one letter of his which listed his ten lessons in life. These were great so I wanted to share them with you.
- Don’t get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity comes challenge and often success.
- Don’t blame others for your setbacks.
- When things go well, always give credit to others.
- Don’t talk all the time. Listen to your friends and mentors and learn from them.
- Don’t brag about yourself. Let others point out your virtues, your strong points.
- Give someone else a hand. When a friend is hurting, show that friend you care.
- Nobody likes an overbearing big shot.
- As you succeed, be kind to people. Thank those who help you along the way.
- Don’t be afraid to shed a tear when your heart is broken because a friend is hurting.
- Say your prayers.
Rachel, Corinne, and I had the opportunity to travel to Wellborn, TX to view Union Pacific 4141 as it traveled from Spring, TX to College Station, TX carrying the body of the man so many loved and learned from. I took a video of the train passing through and you can see it here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8CTZ13VtQ&t
Best of blessings,